Modern technologies have changed the lives of people. In business, technologies also play a significant role. This is especially important for the promotion of business and the tools that accompany it.
To date, no business can do without a website. And those companies that have already invested in creating this promotion tool get the biggest number of customers.
After the Internet revolution, the era of mobile technology has come. The mobile application is an effective tool that broke into our world together with mobile phones.
So, why businesses need mobile applications?
- Increased sales. The main goal of any business is to increase profits. All marketing tools should help achieve this goal. A mobile app is a means of attracting and retaining customers. With the help of built-in functionality, for example, push-notifications, you can motivate users to buy goods from you. You can also advertise various promotions and discounts with the help of the application. Your business gets into all the phones of potential customers and stays in their pockets. No other type of advertising can give such results as a mobile app.
- Getting ahead of competitors. Most companies use flyers, advertisements on TV and radio, SMM marketing and websites to promote business. If we look at AppStore and GoolgePlay, then we will find a small number of apps for business within a certain city or region. This means that this platform for promotion is not yet saturated with competitors. Having an application allows you to be ahead of companies that only have a website. And in Google search you will mainly find sites that have a mobile application, because this affects usability.
- Attracting new customers. You can make a system of bonuses for installing the app. Everyone likes bonuses and discounts. This method helps you to stand out and win the trust of customers.
- To gain customers’ loyalty, you need to be useful and necessary. With the help of the loyalty program, you can share interesting bonuses for them to make sales, encouraging them to make the next purchase. For example, you can give a special offer to your clients like “Minus 10% for the next trip” or make a bonus account where a client will receive 5% of the cost of the previous trip. Thus, in order to receive a bonus, the client will use the services of this company again and again, and YOU will receive profit from loyal customers. In fact, your app will replace bonus cards that are not in trend any more. Always remind about yourself with the help of push-notifications. According to statistics, push-notifications force the client to return to the application twice more often. In these messages, you can insert links to landing pages. Getting used to receiving interesting content, the client starts waiting for your push-notifications. Geolocation works well for this strategy. Thus, you can configure the application so that notification only comes to those clients who are in the selected geolocation area.
- Target Audience. A mobile application only attracts target audience. A client who is not interested in your services is unlikely to download your application, thus you work directly only with your potential customers.
- Traffic to your site. The possibility to link an application to a company’s site helps to attract traffic via search engines. By transferring the user from the site to the mobile application, the company continues to work with the potential customer further. And he cannot leave just by closing the page in the browser. The connection “site + application” brings double benefit to the company. In order to convince the user to download the application, you just need to install a pop-up window on the site offering a bonus for installing the app. And be sure to put the redirect page to install the software in Google Play and App Store.
We would like to note that the existence of a mobile application does not solve all business problems, but in the hands of a skillful marketer it can become a powerful tool for promoting a business and making it stand out.
The Airbnb of Cars Expands Into Equipment and Perks
Turo, the San Francisco-based company that lets people rent out their vehicles to strangers via an app, has added a new feature that gives users access to “extras” they might need on a trip from camping gear and bike racks to child seats and prepaid fueling.
Turo announced its new “Extras” feature Wednesday. People renting out their vehicles on the app can earn more by providing extras. However, Turo gets something in return, too. Hosts set their own prices and keep 90% of money earned renting out these extras. Turo gets the remainder.
That is lower than Turo’s typical take rate, which ranges from 15% to 35% of the trip, depending on which insurance package the host selects.
There is an important caveat, however. Turo’s protection plans don’t cover extras. The company recommends hosts to set clear guidelines with guests on how to use them and the return condition they expect.
Some extras fall under the convenience category. Hosts can add items like prepaid refueling, unlimited mileage, and post-trip cleaning.
The move illustrates how car sharing companies, including peer-to-peer ones like Turo are looking for ways to differentiate and lure more users — both hosts and renters — to the app. Car-sharing, once viewed as disruptor to the rental business and even car ownership, comes with its own set of challenges.
For instance, on BMW’s car-sharing service has hit some headwinds in Brooklyn, its busiest market. The company announced Tuesday that it’s canceling its free-floating car sharing service in the New York City borough. BMW’s ReachNow car-sharing service will end free-floating service June 5. It will continue its residential fleet services.
In September, Turo raised $92 million and acquired Croove, a car-sharing service launched in Germany in 2016 by Mercedes-Benz.
The Series D funding round was led by Mercedes-Benz parent company Daimler and South Korean conglomerate SK Holdings. Liberty Mutual Strategic Ventures and Founders Circle Capital joined the round as well as existing investors August Capital, Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, GV, Trinity Ventures, and Shasta Ventures.
The Series D round brought the company’s total funding to $205 million.
General Motors still doesn’t have a permission to test self-driving cars in New York
In autumn last year GM made an announcement that they applied for permission to test their self-driving cars in Manhattan, New York. Half a year later the manufacturer still doesn’t have this permission. GM wants to test its no pedals or steering wheel cars on crowded Manhattan streets – perfect situation to check the possibilities of the vehicle and make necessary improvements to the software.
General Motors’ representatives said that they wanted to cooperate with Governor Cuomo on this endeavor, but there is no word from him about this plan yet. In de Blasio administration they say that they have nothing to do with this permitting process.
General Motor’s all-electric Bolt vehicle’s variation was introduced at the beginning of 2018. The company is very excited about the results and they want to start testing no wheels and pedals fleet in 2019.
So far, there are no comments from Cuomo’s office.
Security or control?
A year ago Etrans Solution demonstrated its innovative product designed for the successful solutions of the full range of transport logistics problems, but it seems like not many agree with this outcome so far.
The Etrans GPS System has been developing for over three years and became the leader after its release. The system is based on the possibility of stream video of what is happening both inside and outside the vehicle. In addition to this, the system has a lot of other features that are aimed to provide the assistance and security to all participants of transport logistics.
– High-resolution video*
– Protection of the data
– Data transfer to the Cloud server
– Storage date for 3 months or longer
– GPS tracking
– Generating reports
– Control of work of employees
Nevertheless, the fundamental function of online monitoring of activities of drivers and passengers brings up a lot of questions from the transport companies. Despite the properly constructed restrictions of access to the video, some of the companies refuse to install this system in their vehicles and we decided to understand why is it so.
At the side of the companies, there is a fear that the control of the behavior during the trip may affect the already existing customers, but for our editorial office it is just another reason to dig deep into the problem.
The inappropriate behavior of both drivers and passengers remains the most common cause of the conflict. Over the past 4 years, more than 100 drivers of one of the most popular taxi companies have been sued for sexual harassment. And only in the last quarter of 2017, there were more than 1000 lawsuits across the USA for the drivers’ work issues. Therefore, there are only two possible options of why the transport companies are against the implementation of the system:
1. Companies are indifferent to the level of comfort of passenger transportation, and they do not want to solve problems with the behavior of drivers.
2. Companies do not understand how the system works and how it can help their business.
Apart from the streaming video in the real-time mode, the system transfers video records with all the data to the cloud immediately, which provides the maximum protection of the written data. While in case of accidents most of the systems lose the records because of technical damage or “manual” interference, the Etrans GPS saves video and all the data without any possibility of changing or destruction.
Those companies that have already implemented this system, estimated all the advantages of working with it. The control and evaluation of the drivers have never been so real and simple before. And many questionable situations were solved 80% faster and easier. The combination of many useful features became a large benefit for the companies. The chiefs of those companies point out that they used to work with several fleet management systems at the same time, but the Etrans GPS successfully replaced all of them and added some important features that allow them to distribute and monitor the work time clearly and accurately. They have reviewed the policy of the company, as they were impressed by the work of Etrans GPS. The change has positively affected the satisfaction of their clients’ requirements, and they felt how favorably it impacts on their business.
The companies get a lot of benefits after implementing a system that simplify the fleet management in general. Especially, such branches of transportation sphere as school buses and medical transport are in need of such innovations for a while.
Dockless bike share pilot to begin in July
New head of NYC Transit is becoming local hero
New York could get by with fewer big yellow taxis
Entertainment3 days ago
Entertainment1 month ago
Transportation Alternatives bike month sponsored by Kiwi Energy
Uncategorized2 weeks ago
Is it possible for New York City to reach the Vision Zero goals?
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
NYC Councilman Ydanis Rodriguez about 21st-century transportation.
Entertainment1 month ago
San Francisco is getting ready for a pot festival
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
Kilauea eruption leads to evacuation on Hawaii’s Big Island
MTA News4 weeks ago
MTA’s first female head of NYC subway
Uber,lyft and other taxis3 weeks ago
Lyft driver sexually assaulted passenger – again!